City of West Richland license
Who needs a license?
The city of West Richland requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
Call the city at (509) 967-3431 before applying if you do not know if you will do business within the city limits.
If more than one business is located in a single premise, you must complete a separate registration for each business conducted.
- Governmental agencies.
- All banking, mutual savings banks, business, and loan, and savings and loan associations.
- The business of manufacturing, selling or distributing motor vehicle fuel (reference Chapter 58, Law of 1933, as amended).
- Any religious society, association, or corporation, through the operation of any hospital, clinic, resort or other institution devoted exclusively to the care or healing of human beings.
- Any person to whom at least three of the following apply;
- The person is under 18 years of age;
- The business or occupation is part-time;
- The person operates a business with no other employees;
- The person is not required to file a state business and occupations taxation form;
- The gross income of the business involved is less than $5,000 per year.
Under what circumstances is a business license denied?
A license may be denied to a business for any of the following reasons:
- If the application is incomplete or if it contains any material misrepresentation.
- If the application does not propose adequate measures for the protection of public health, safety, and welfare in terms of pedestrian and vehicular traffic control, security, avoidance of public nuisances, and avoidance of consumer fraud.
General and non-resident businesses
The license for a business operating in this city is determined by gross annual income earned within this city’s limits:
|Reported gross annual income
|$0 through $5,000
||No license required
|West Richland general business license
|West Richland nonprofit business license
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
City of West Richland
3801 W Van Giesen
West Richland, WA 99353