City of Sammamish license
Who needs a license?
The city of Sammamish requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
Call the city at (425) 295-0500 before applying if you do not know if you will do business within the city limits.
If more than one business is located in a single premise, you must complete a separate registration for each business conducted.
Nonprofit businesses must be licensed. A no-fee business license is available for businesses that have been granted a 501(C) tax exemption by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
Businesses exempt from city licensure include:
- Farmers selling produce grown on their own land.
- Casual sales occurring no more than four times a year.
- Delivery of goods purchased outside the city.
- Taxi and limousine service if the office is outside the city.
The license for a business operating in this city, but based outside this city, is determined by gross annual income earned within this city’s limits:
|Reported gross annual income
|$0 through $2,000
||No license required
|Sammamish general business license
|Sammamish nonprofit business license *
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
*No-fee nonprofit license requires proof of 501(C) tax exemption from the IRS.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
City of Sammamish
801 228th Ave SE
Sammamish, WA 98075