City of Poulsbo license
Who needs a license?
The city of Poulsbo requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
Call the city at (360) 394-9880 before applying if you are not sure if you wll do business within the city limits.
If more than one business is located in a single premise, you must complete a separate registration for each business conducted.
General and Non-Resident businesses
The license for a business operating in this city is determined by gross annual income earned within this city’s limits:
|Reported gross annual income
|$0 through $2,000
*A business that expects to generate $2,000 or less in annual gross receipts in city limits must hold a city business license, but can be exempt from paying all city business license fees upon correctly completing the City Addendum part of the Business License Application or Annual Renewal. Upon city review, if a business applies for a city fee exemption but does not meet these requirements, the Poulsbo part of its registration will be withdrawn and the business will need to re-apply for the Poulsbo license endorsement. To find out if you qualify for this exemption, contact the city at (360) 394-9880, before applying for a city license.
|Poulsbo general business license
|Poulsbo nonprofit business license*
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
*Nonprofit businesses qualify for the nonprofit license if they submit a copy of the business'
IRS 501(c) certificate with their application and are exempt from the city fees.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Fax: (360) 705-6699
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
City of Poulsbo
200 NE Moe St
Poulsbo, WA 98370