Kenmore city business registration

City of Kenmore registration

Who needs a registration?

The city of Kenmore requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are located within city limits.


Call the city at (425) 398-8900 before applying if you are not sure if you will do business within the city limits.


Businesses physically located outside Kenmore city limits aren't required to be licensed by Kenmore in order to conduct business within city limits.


If more than one business is located in a single premise, you must complete a separate registration for each business conducted.

Exempt businesses

Businesses exempt from city registration include:

  • Gross annual income of $12,000 or less
  • Businesses located outside of Kenmore
  • Deliveries from outside businesses
  • Minors
  • Government, including city sponsored events
  • Schools and universities (for education)
  • Churches
  • Farmers selling own products

Pursuant to KMC 5.105.060.F, a person engaged in business within the city must comply with all applicable city ordinances and code provisions, and state and federal laws. Receipt of a business registration does not waive this requirement.


For more information, please contact the city directly or refer to Kenmore Municipal Code chapter 5.05 General Licensing Provisions.


City license Fee
Kenmore general business license (gross annual income above $12,000) $10
Kenmore nonprofit business license No fee
Kenmore home occupation business license $10
Other fees that may apply Fee
State tax registration No fee
Registering your business name as trade name $5
Business License Application fee $19 (non-refundable)

How to apply

Apply by using one of the following options:


  • Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

    1. Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
    2. Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
    3. Follow the steps below based on your business status.

    If you do not have an existing business

      1. Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.


    If you have an existing business

      1. If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
      2. Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
      3. Click File New Business License Application.

    You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).


    Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.


Contact information

State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034


Phone: 1-800-451-7985
Fax: 360-705-6699

Office hours

Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Mailing information

Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your licensure.


It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.

Regulatory questions

City of Kenmore
18120 68th Ave NE
Kenmore, WA 98028


Phone: 425-398-8900