City of Battle Ground license
Who needs a license?
The city of Battle Ground requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
Call the city at (360) 342-5047 before applying if you are not sure if you will do business within the city limits.
If more than one business is located in a single property, you must complete a separate application for each business conducted.
The city of Battle Ground business licenses are not transferrable. Each new owner must apply for a city business license.
Before a business license is issued, a business owner who intends to conduct business from a residence within the city must undergo a city of Battle Ground Community Development review as required by Battle Ground Municipal Code 17.135.02.
Businesses qualify for the nonprofit license if they submit a copy of the organization’s IRS 501(c) 3 certificate with their application and are exempt from the city fees.
Some businesses my need a city special license in addition to obtaining a city business license. They include: Peddler/Transient Merchants and Mobile Food Units. For more information, go to Battle Ground Licenses webpage or contact the City at 360-342-5047.
The license for a business operating in this city, but based outside this city, is determined by gross annual income earned within this city’s limits:
|Reported gross annual income
|$0 through $2,000
|Battle Ground general business filing fee
|Battle Ground home occupation business filing fee
|Battle Ground nonprofit business license
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering a trade name
|Business License Application fee
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
City of Battle Ground
109 S.W. 1st St., Suite 127
Battle Ground, WA 98604
Battle Ground Licenses webpage