WA State Licensing: X-ray facility and devices registration

X-ray facility and devices

An X-ray Facility and Devices endorsement is required for businesses that have a facility with any of the x-ray tube types listed below, including dental or medical offices; hospitals; and veterinary, educational, security, research, industrial, or correctional facilities.

How to apply

Apply by using one of the following options:

  • File online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

    1. Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don't have a user ID or aren't sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
    2. Click Get Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
    3. Follow the steps below based on your business status.
  • If you do not have an existing business

      1. Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.

    If you have an existing business

      1. If you haven't already, add access to your business. You'll need a UBI number and a letter ID.
      2. Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
      3. Click File New Business License Application.

    You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can't be used).

    Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.

  • By mail
    1. Complete the following:
    2. Mail your completed forms with a check or money order payable to “Department of Revenue” for the fees to:

      State of Washington
      Business Licensing Service
      PO Box 9034
      Olympia, WA 98507-9034


Specialty endorsement Fee
Mammography-only facility $89
Bone density-only facility $89
Electron microscopy-only facility $89
Bomb squad $89
Dental, podiatric, or veterinary facility $107
Hospital, medical, or chiropractic facility $207
Research, education, security, correctional, or other industrial facility $107
X-ray tube type Fee
Bone densitometer No fee
Electron microscope No fee
Mammography No fee
Bomb squad x-ray machine No fee
Computer tomography $131
Dental x-ray $27
Medical fluoroscopic $131
Medical radiographic $131
Podiatry (rad and fluor) $46
Stereotactic mammography $107
Therapy – accelerator $131
Therapy – non accelerator $131
Veterinary (rad and fluor) $46
Airport baggage x-ray $27
Analytical x-ray fluorescence $46
Cabinet x-ray $27
Industrial accelerators $46
Industrial radiographic $46
Other industrial uses $27
Other fees that may apply Fee
Registering your business name as a trade name $5
Business License Application fee $19 (non-refundable)


It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.

Regulatory questions

Department of Health