Waste tire carrier
A Waste Tire Carrier endorsement is required of any business transporting tires no longer usable due to wear, damage or defect. Solid waste collection companies licensed by the Utilities and Transportation Commission, and companies hired by the government to clean up waste tires don’t need to apply for a Waste Tire Carrier endorsement.
Post your license
license must be posted at each location where the licensee operates. You may not begin this business activity until you receive a Business License listing the required endorsement(s).
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Once logged in, add My DOR to your list of services, then open My DOR.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click Add License Endorsements/Employees.
You can pay using an E–check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
Mail your completed forms with a check or money order payable to “Department of Revenue” for the fees to:
- Complete the following
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
|Waste Tire Carrier — location
||$200 per location
|Waste Tire Carrier — transport vehicle
||$50 per transport vehicle
|Other fees that may apply
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
Department of Ecology
Waste 2 Resources