A Vehicle Manufacturer endorsement is required for businesses that:
- Manufacture or assemble new vehicles.
- Remanufacture used vehicles for transfer to dealerships in Washington for resale.
- Vehicle factory branches, representatives, or distributors.
- A bond in one of the following amounts:
- $40,000 if you manufacture manufactured homes only.
- $20,000 if you manufacture travel trailers (including fifth wheel trailers) only.
If you are only manufacturing other types of vehicles (e.g. cars or trucks), you do not need a vehicle manufacturer bond.
Bonds are available through many insurance companies. We recommend you research the cost of your bond before you apply for an endorsement.
Post your license
A license must be posted at each location where the licensee operates. You may not begin this business activity until you receive a Business License listing the required endorsement(s).
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- File Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Get Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- Complete all of the following
|Manufacturer license plate
||$50.75 each, per year
|Other fees that may apply
|Registering your business name as a trade name
| Business License Application
Department of Licensing