A Snowmobile dealer endorsement is required for any businesses that sell motorized snowmobiles for recreational use must have a separate snowmobile dealer endorsement for each business location.
If you don’t have a dealer endorsement, it is illegal to:
- Sell more than four snowmobiles registered to you in any 12 months.
- Buy and sell snowmobiles for the purpose of making a profit.
- Sell any number of snowmobiles that aren’t registered to you.
All retail vehicle dealers are required to use the E–Permitting system. Find out more about E–Permitting.
Post your license
A license must be posted at each location where the licensee operates. You may not begin this business activity until you receive a Business License listing the required endorsement(s).
After you receive your license
- You'll need a contract with us if you want to search vehicle registration information.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
File online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don't have a user ID or aren't sure, see if you have an account first before https://secure.dor.wa.gov/home/Account/Register.
- Click Get Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven't already, add access to your business. You'll need a UBI number and a letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can't be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
Mail your completed forms with a check or money order payable to “Department of Revenue” for the fees to:
- Complete all of the following
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
|Plate, decal, and certificate fees
|Other fees that may apply
|Registering your business name as a trade name
|Business License Application
Department of Licensing