WA State Licensing: Off-road vehicle dealer

Off-road vehicle dealer

A separate off-road vehicle dealer endorsement is required for each business location if you:

  • Sell any motorized vehicles (other than snowmobiles or watercraft) intended for use on trails or cross-country.
  • AND
  • Don’t hold a Miscellaneous Vehicle Dealer endorsement.

If you don’t have a dealer endorsement, it is illegal to:

  • Sell more than four vehicles registered to you in any 12 months.
  • Buy and sell vehicles for the purpose of making a profit.
  • Sell any number of vehicles that aren’t registered to you.


All retail vehicle dealers are required to use the E–Permitting system. Find out more about E–Permitting.


Post your license

A license must be posted at each location where the licensee operates. You may not begin this business activity until you receive a Business License listing the required endorsement(s).


After you receive your license

  • You'll need a contract with us if you want to search vehicle registration information.

How to apply

Apply by using one of the following options:


File online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

      1. Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don't have a user ID or aren't sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
      2. Click Get Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
      3. Follow the steps below based on your business status.

      If you do not have an existing business

        1. Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.

      If you have an existing business

        1. If you haven't already, add access to your business. You'll need a UBI number and a letter ID.
        2. Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
        3. Click File New Business License Application.

      You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can't be used).

      Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.

By mail

  1. Complete the following
  2. Mail your completed forms with a check or money order payable to “Department of Revenue” for the fees to:

    State of Washington
    Business Licensing Service
    PO Box 9034
    Olympia, WA 98507-9034


Specialty endorsement Fee
Off-road vehicle dealer $25
Plate, decal, and certificate fees Fee
Dealer plate—off-road vehicles $4 each
Other fees that may apply Fee
Registering your business name as a trade name $5
Business License Application $19 (non-refundable)

Regulatory questions

Department of Licensing
Phone: 360-664-6466