A Wrecker endorsement is required if your business buys or sells:
- wrecked titled or registered motor vehicles for the purpose of dismantling them.
- second-hand motor vehicle parts.
License plate requirements
You will need a wrecker license plate for each vehicle used to conduct business.
Post your license
A license must be posted at each location where the licensee operates. You may not begin this business activity until you receive a Business License listing the required endorsement(s).
After you get your license
- You'll need a contract with the Department of Licensing to search vehicle registration information.
- On the 10th of each month, you must report to the Department of Licensing all the vehicles acquired in the previous month.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- Mail us the appropriate fee with the following completed forms:
Mail your completed application, supplemental forms, and a check or money order payable to “Department of Revenue” for the fees to:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
|First Vehicle Wrecker license plate
|Additional Vehicle Wrecker license plates
|Other fees that may apply
|Registering your business name as trade name
|Business License Application
Department of Licensing