Motor vehicle salvage processor
A Motor Vehicle Salvage Processer Endorsement is required for businesses that maintain a hydraulic baler and shears or shredder to recycle salvage from wrecked titled or registered vehicles. Each business location must be registered separately.
License plate requirements
- Each vehicle used to conduct business must have a Motor Vehicle Salvage Processor license plate.
- Each location must maintain separate license plates for vehicles used at that site.
Post your license
A license must be posted at each location where the licensee operates. You may not begin this business activity until you receive a Business License listing the required endorsement(s).
After you get your license
- You'll need a contract with the Department of Licensing to search vehicle registration information.
- On the 10th of each month, you must report to the Department of Licensing all the vehicles acquired in the previous month.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- File online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don't have a user ID or aren't sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Get Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven't already, add access to your business. You'll need a UBI number and a letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can't be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- Complete the following:
- Mail your completed forms with a check or money order payable to “Department of Revenue” for the fees to:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
|Motor Vehicle Salvage Processor
|First Motor Vehicle Salvage Processor license plate
|Additional Motor Vehicle Salvage Processor license plates
|Other fees that may apply
|Registering your business name as trade name
|Business License Application
Department of Licensing