Motor vehicle salvage processor
A Motor Vehicle Salvage Processer Endorsement is required for businesses that maintain a hydraulic baler and shears or shredder to recycle salvage from wrecked titled or registered vehicles. Each business location must be registered separately.
License plate requirements
- Each vehicle used to conduct business must have a Motor Vehicle Salvage Processor license plate.
- Each location must maintain separate license plates for vehicles used at that site.
Post your license
A license must be posted at each location where the licensee operates. You may not begin this business activity until you receive a Business License listing the required endorsement(s).
After you get your license
- You'll need a contract with us to search vehicle registration information.
- On the 10th of each month, you must report to us all the vehicles acquired in the previous month.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Get Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E–check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- Complete the following
- Mail your completed forms with a check or money order payable to “Department of Revenue” for the fees to:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
|Motor Vehicle Salvage Processor
|First Motor Vehicle Salvage Processor license plate
|Additional Motor Vehicle Salvage Processor license plates
|Other fees that may apply
|Registering your business name as trade name
|Business License Application
Department of Licensing