A Tobacco Distributor endorsement is required for businesses that purchase, sell, or distribute tobacco products other than cigarettes to retailers for resale.
Post your license
A license must be posted at each location where the licensee operates. You may not begin this business activity until you receive a Business License listing the required endorsement(s).
How to apply
Note: A separate Personal/Criminal History Statement is required for each of the following:
- Sole proprietor and spouse.
- Corporate officers.
- Partners and spouses.
- Limited partners who hold more than 10% interest in the business.
- Limited liability company members or managers.
- Stockholders that hold 10% of the issued stock.
Send the completed form to the Liquor and Cannabis Board by email, CHRI@lcb.wa.gov or fax, 360-704-5054.
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don't have a user ID or aren't sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Get Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven't already, add access to your business. You'll need a UBI number and a letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can't be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- Complete all of the following:
- Mail your completed forms with a check or money order payable to “Department of Revenue” for the fees to:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Fee waived if also applying for or already have a cigarette wholesaler endorsement.)
|Each branch location
|Other fees that may apply
|Registering your business name as a trade name
| Business License Application
Liquor and Cannabis Board
Department of Revenue