WA State Licensing: Renew - Corporation or LLC
alert Our online Secretary of State annual report filing system will be down from May 25 — June 5. If you have a May 31 expiration date, complete your filing online by May 24 to avoid a $25 late fee.

Renew your license: Corporation or LLC

Corporations and Limited Liability Companies renew annually. Business Licensing Service will send a renewal notice to the licensees’ registered agents approximately 45 days before their license expires. It’s the licensee’s responsibility to renew on time, whether they receive the renewal form or not.

The Corporation or Limited Liability Company (LLC) renewal is provided by the Business Licensing Service as a renewal agent for the Office of the Secretary of State.

How to renew

You may file for renewal by using one of the following options:

  • File online using an E-check or a MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express credit or debit card (gift cards can’t be used). Note: The credit/debit card option is provided to you by a private, non-state vendor that will impose a 2.5% convenience fee for the service.
    • You’ll need the company’s UBI number and the password.
    • You’ll be limited to 25 governing persons (officers, directors, members, managers, or trustees) when using the online option. You must file on paper if the company has more than 25 governing persons.
    • You must have IE6.0 and above, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari.
  • Note: The unavailability of the online renewal system isn’t grounds for an extension to the filing deadlines.
  • Complete your paper Corporation or Limited Liability Company Annual Report and mail it to:
    State of Washington
    Business Licensing Service
    PO Box 9034
    Olympia, WA 98507-9034

To request a paper annual report form, call 1-800-451-7985, option 1.

Filing deadlines

To avoid late renewal penalties, renew your license on or before the expiration date, as determined in the Pacific Time Zone. Official filing of an online renewal is dependent upon our receipt of all fees charged to your credit card or bank account.