Renew your endorsement: Other businesses
When to renew
All specialty endorsement available through the Business Licensing Service must be renewed each year. To avoid late renewal penalties, renew your license on or before the expiration date, as determined in the Pacific Time Zone.
Endorsement expiration date
An expiration date is printed on the top right-hand corner of your Business License document. Business Licensing Service will send you a renewal notice approximately 45 days before your license expires. It’s your responsibility to renew on time, whether you receive the renewal form or not.
What you will need:
- American Express, Visa Discover or MasterCard debit or credit card for payment. Gift cards cannot be used. Note: The credit/debit card option is provided to you by a private, non-state vendor that will impose a 2.5% convenience fee for the service.
- E-check payment information (bank name, routing number, bank account type, type of account, etc.) if you plan to pay with an E-check.
- Your password (shown on your Notice to Renew).
How to renew
You may file for renewal by using one of the following options:
- File online using our new online system, My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
To get started:
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Once logged in, add My DOR to your list of services, then open My DOR.
- Then, add access to your business. You’ll need a renewal letter with your UBI number and letter ID.
- You should see an alert for a renewal or annual report that’s due. Click on the business name of the business that needs attention, then click on the alert to begin filing.
- You can pay using an E-check or a MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express credit or debit card (gift cards can’t be used). Note: There is a 2.5 percent convenience fee for using a credit/debit card.
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
You can’t renew online if:
After you renew
Print the confirmation screen for your records.
You will receive your license to the address on file within 14 business days.
Do not send in the paper renewal form.
Licenses not handled by Business Licensing Service
For those licenses not handled through the Business Licensing Service (for example, contractor, doctor, etc.), contact the regulatory agency listed on your license or permit for renewal requirements.