WA State Licensing: Renew Business License

Renew your endorsement: Other businesses

Need to file an annual report?

When to renew

All specialty endorsements available through the Business Licensing Service must be renewed each year. Business Licensing Service will send you a renewal notice approximately 45 days before your license expires. To avoid late penalties, renew your license before the expiration date.

How to renew

File your renewal online using My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

If using My DOR for the first time, you’ll need the letter ID found on your renewal notice. If you do not have a renewal notice, request a letter ID at least seven business days before the expiration date.

To get started:

    1. Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a SAW user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
    2. Once logged in, open My DOR.
    3. Next, add access to your business. You’ll need the renewal letter with your UBI number and letter ID.
    4. You’ll receive an alert for a renewal or annual report that’s due, or click on the business name of the business that needs attention. Next, click on the alert to begin filing.
    5. You can pay using an E-check or major credit card (no gift cards). Note: There is a 2.5 percent convenience fee charged by the processor for using a credit card.


Find more help for using My DOR, including detailed instructions and video tutorials.


NOTE: The unavailability of My DOR is not grounds for an extension to the filing deadlines. Official filing of an online renewal depends on our receipt of all fees.

Getting your license

Once your renewal has been processed, an updated license will be mailed to the address on file. In My DOR, you can check on the status of your renewal or print a copy of your license once it’s processed.

Licenses not handled by Business Licensing Service
For those licenses not handled through the Business Licensing Service (for example, contractor, doctor, etc.), contact the regulatory agency listed on your license or permit for renewal requirements.