Minor Work Permit
You must have a Minor Work Permit if you employ 1 or more people under 18 years of age. You must also have industrial insurance.
Minors aren’t permitted to perform some duties, such as handling power tools. For information about restrictions, contact the Department of Labor and Industries.
Post your license
A license must be posted at each location where the licensee operates. You may not begin this business activity until you receive a Business License document listing the required license.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Once logged in, add My DOR to your list of services, then open My DOR.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click Add License Endorsements/Employees.
You can pay using an E–check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- By mail
- Complete a Business License Application.
- Mail your completed application with a check or money order payable to “Department of Revenue” for the fees to:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
|Minor Work Permit
|Other fees that may apply
|Registering your business name as a trade name
| Business License Application
Department of Labor and Industries