Marijuana Infused Edibles Processor
Note: Applications for other marijuana-related licenses: medical, retailers, producers and processors, are NOT being accepted at this time.

Marijuana Infused Edibles Processor

A Marijuana Infused Edibles Processor license is required for the licensee to commercially produce for wholesale sale to marijuana retailers any food items infused with marijuana, marijuana extracts, or marijuana concentrates.


You must already have a valid Marijuana Processor license issued to you by the Liquor and Cannabis Board before you apply for the Marijuana Infused Edibles Processor license.  

For more information:

The Marijuana Infused Edibles Processor license is regulated by the Food Safety Program of the Washington State Department of Agriculture. RCW 69.07.200


Issuance of the license requires review, inspection and approval by Washington Department of Agriculture. Call 360-902-1876 for questions specific to the regulation of this license.

Post your license

A license must be posted at each location where the licensee operates. You may not begin this business activity until you receive a Business License document listing the required endorsement(s).

How to apply

Apply by using one of the following options:

  • File online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

    1. Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don't have a user ID or aren't sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
    2. Click Get Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
    3. Follow the steps below based on your business status.
  • If you do not have an existing business

      1. Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.

    If you have an existing business

      1. If you haven't already, add access to your business. You'll need a UBI number and a letter ID.
      2. Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
      3. Click File New Business License Application.

    You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can't be used).

    Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.

  • By mail

    Complete a Business License Application.

    Mail your completed application with a check or money order payable to “Department of Revenue” for the fees to:

    State of Washington
    Business Licensing Service
    PO Box 9034
    Olympia, WA 98507-9034


Specialty license Fee
Marijuana Infused Edibles Processor $895
Other fees that may apply Fee
Registering your business name as a trade name $5
Business License Application $19 (non-refundable)

Regulatory questions
Washington State Department of Agriculture
Food Safety Program
Phone: 360-902-1876