A Lottery Retailer endorsement is required for businesses selling Washington State Lottery products.
Applicants must certify that they comply with federal, state, and agency accessibility requirements, and provide a personal and criminal history. The Lottery also requires an electronic funds transfer account to transfer Lottery sales debits and credits.
Note: The Lottery will separately charge retailers a one-time $200 set-up fee, and weekly equipment and support fees. For more information, contact the Lottery at 1-800-732-5101, option 4, or 360-753-1412.
Post your license
A license must be posted at each location where the licensee operates. You may not begin this business activity until you receive a Business License listing the required endorsement.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- File online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don't have a user ID or aren't sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Get Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven't already, add access to your business. You'll need a UBI number and a letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can't be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- By mail
- Complete the following forms:
- Mail your completed forms with a check or money order payable to “Department of Revenue” for the fees to:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
||$25 per location
|Lottery set-up fee
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as a trade name
| Business License Application fee
Washington State Lottery