What’s a letter ID?
A letter ID is a unique code that gives you access to your confidential licensing information in My DOR. If you’re using My DOR for the first time, you need a letter ID to renew a license, add employees, endorsements (such as city, liquor, etc.) to an existing business, or make other changes to your account.
You do not need a letter ID if you’re filing a Business License Application for a new business.
Where is my letter ID?
If you received a renewal notice, the letter ID is in the upper right corner of the notice. Notices are mailed about six weeks before your license expiration date.
How do I get a letter ID?
- Login to My DOR, or create an account if you haven’t already.
- Click the Get Started button.
- Click Access an Existing Business Account under the I want to... menu.
- Select the option Add Access to a Business Licensing Account, then click Next.
- Click the checkbox to request a letter ID, then enter your UBI number.
- Confirm the business information, then click Submit.
To protect your confidential licensing information, we are unable to provide letter IDs over the phone or by email.
Where will my letter ID be sent?
The letter ID will be sent to the business address on file. You should receive a letter within seven business days.