Business License Application
You may use the Business License Application to:
- Open or reopen a business.
- Add a license to an existing business location.
- Open a new business location.
- Change a business location.
- Apply for a Washington State Unified Business Identifier (UBI) Number or Tax Registration Number.
- Register a trade name.
- Change a trade name.
- Change business ownership.
- Hire employees.
- Get a Minor Work Permit.
- Get some city and state licenses.
- Hire people to work in or around your home.
You may submit a Business License Application online and pay with a Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card. Note: The credit/debit card option is provided to you by a private, non-state vendor that will impose a 2.5% convenience fee for the service.
Technical note: Netscape 4.06 - 4.75, Netscape 6, or Internet Explorer 4.0 or later are required to use this application. You may experience technical issues when using a Macintosh computer with Internet Explorer.
To submit a Business License Application using the paper form:
- Fill out the Business License Application completely and print it on white paper.
- Sign and date the application where indicated.
- Complete any supplemental forms that apply to your business. To find out which supplemental forms you will need, see the Business Licensing Wizard.
- Enclose a check made payable to “Department of Revenue” for the total amount due, including the $19 non-refundable processing fee. For more information about fees, see the License Fee Sheet.
- Take your application, supplemental forms, and fees to any business licensing office or mail them to:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
For more information about submitting a Business License Application, see Frequently asked questions: Business license.