Apply for a state business license
Opening a business? Making changes to an existing business? You'll probably need to file a Business License Application.
When to file an application
If your business structure will be one of the following, you must file with the Washington Secretary of State before filing the Business License Application:
- Washington (Domestic) Corporation
- Washington (Domestic) Partnership
- Washington (Domestic) Liability Company
- Washington (Domestic) Limited Liability Partnership
File online with My DOR.
Applications are processed within 10 business days.
You can pay by E-check (no additional fee) or with an American Express, Discover, Master Card, or Visa credit card (there is a third-party processing fee of 2.5%).
Learn how to:
Apply by mail - Processed within six weeks
- Complete theBusiness License Application and any supplemental forms. To find out which supplemental forms you'll need, see the Business Licensing Wizard.
- Mail your completed application, supplemental forms, and payment for fees to the address on the form.