Apply for a state business license
Opening a business? Making changes to an existing business? You'll probably need to file a Business License Application.
When to file an application
Apply online- Processed within 10 business days
- Log in to My DOR. If you don’t have a user ID, click Sign up.
- After you log in, click Get started next to Business Licensing.
- Click File New Business License Application in the I want to ...menu. Follow the prompts to complete your application.
You can pay using an E-check (no fee) or a major credit card (2.5 percent processing fee).
Apply by mail - Processed within six weeks
- Complete theBusiness License Application and any supplemental forms. To find out which supplemental forms you'll need, see the Business Licensing Wizard.
- Mail your completed application, supplemental forms, and payment for fees to the address on the form.