An Egg Handler/Dealer License is required for businesses or individuals that:
- Produce, handle, contract for, or obtain possession or control of eggs for sale to wholesalers, dealers or retailers within or into Washington.
- Process eggs and sell them to wholesalers, dealers, retailers or consumers within or into Washington.
Poultry producers who sell eggs from their own flocks at the place of production directly to household consumers don’t need to be licensed.
Post your license
A license must be posted at each location where the licensee operates. You may not begin this business activity until you receive a Business License listing the required license.
How to apply
File online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don't have a user ID or aren't sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Get Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven't already, add access to your business. You'll need a UBI number and a letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can't be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
Mail your completed application with a check or money order payable to “Department of Revenue” for the fees to:
- Complete all of the following forms:
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
|Each additional location
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application
Department of Agriculture