Close your business account
If you close your business, you must close your Business License account. You can close your Business License account one of the following ways:
- Online with My DOR
To get started, login to My DOR then:
- From My DOR Business Licensing and Taxes home, click the Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number for the applicable business name.
- Click License next to the location you would like to close.
- Under the I want to... menu, click Close an Account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the request.
Be sure to:
- Note your Unified Business Identifier number (UBI).
- Include the date of closure.
- Sign and date your request.
Your trade names cannot be cancelled unless you specifically request it in writing (letter, email, or fax).
We’ll notify other agencies
The Business Licensing Service will notify Employment Security and Labor and Industries for you if your Business License lists any license endorsements regulated by these agencies.
If your business structure is a corporation, limited liability company, limited liability partnership, or limited partnership and you wish to terminate your business structure, you’ll also need to contact the Office of the Secretary of State at 360-725-0377 for the appropriate documentation.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034