City of Sultan license
Who needs a license?
The city of Sultan requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
Call the city at (360) 793-2231 before applying if you do not know if you will do business within the city limits.
Businesses exempt from city licensure include:
- Nonprofit organizations.
- Businesses operated by a minor with no employees.
- Washington State farmers selling produce grown on their own land.
- Delivery of goods or services purchased outside the city.
Under what circumstances is a business license denied?
A license may be denied to a business for any of the following reasons:
- Failure to comply with any federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
- Conduct of the business activity in a manner which endangers the public health, welfare, or safety.
- Fraud, false representation, or suppression of material fact.
The license for a business operating in this city, but based outside this city, is determined by gross annual income earned within this city’s limits:
|Reported gross annual income
|$0 through $2,000
|Sultan general business license
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
City of Sultan