Town of Skykomish license
Who needs a license?
The Town of Skykomish requires a general business license for businesses operating within the town limits of Skykomish, including businesses physically located outside town limits that perform services for customers inside town limits. Town approval is required for initial issuance.
A Nonprofit License is required for businesses that have been granted an IRS 501(C) status, and/or has filed with the Washington Secretary of State as a nonprofit corporation. Town approval is required for initial issuance.
The following are not required to get a general business license in Skykomish:
- Farmers or gardeners selling their own edible products.
- Non-commercial fishermen selling fish or other edible aquatic animals.
- Persons delivering newspapers.
- Delivery of goods or services purchased outside the town.
Under what circumstances is a business license denied?
A license may be denied to a business for any of the following reasons:
- The applicant is a minor and doesn’t have the written consent of a parent or guardian.
- The applicant has had a similar license revoked or suspended.
- Failure to comply with any federal, state or local laws and regulations.
- Conduct of the business activity in a manner which endangers the public health, welfare or safety.
- Fraud, false representation or suppression of material fact.
How to apply
|Skykomish general business license
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
Note: You may pay fees by cash, check, or money order.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your licensure.
It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.
Town of Skykomish
119 Fourth Street N
Skykomish, WA 98288