Town of Skykomish license
Who needs a license?
Skykomish requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
If you don’t know if you do business within city limits, call the city at (360) 677-2388 before applying.
If more than one business is located in a single premise, you must complete a separate registration for each business conducted.
A Nonprofit License is required for businesses that have been granted an IRS 501(C) status, and/or has filed with the Washington Secretary of State as a nonprofit corporation. Town approval is required for initial issuance.
The following are not required to get a general business license in Skykomish:
- Farmers or gardeners selling their own edible products.
- Non-commercial fishermen selling fish or other edible aquatic animals.
- Persons delivering newspapers.
- Delivery of goods or services purchased outside the town.
Under what circumstances is a business license denied?
A license may be denied to a business for any of the following reasons:
- The applicant is a minor and doesn’t have the written consent of a parent or guardian.
- The applicant has had a similar license revoked or suspended.
- Failure to comply with any federal, state or local laws and regulations.
- Conduct of the business activity in a manner which endangers the public health, welfare or safety.
- Fraud, false representation or suppression of material fact.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- Mail us the appropriate fee with the following completed forms:
|Skykomish general business license
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
Note: You may pay fees by cash, check, or money order.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your licensure.
It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.
Town of Skykomish
119 Fourth Street N
Skykomish, WA 98288