City of Shoreline license
Who needs a license?
Shoreline requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
If you don’t know if you do business within city limits, call the city at (206) 801-2230 before applying.
If more than one business is located in a single premise, you must complete a separate registration for each business conducted.
- Businesses that only deliver goods purchased outside of the city.
- Retailers at events organized by the city or a nonprofit that work six days or less and gross $5000 or less yearly. SMC 5.05.040 D.
- Recreation or performance service at events organized by the city or a nonprofit that gross $5000 or less per calendar year. SMC 5.05.040 E.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- Mail us the appropriate fee with the following completed forms:
|Shoreline general business license
|Shoreline nonprofit business license*
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
*Businesses qualify for the nonprofit license if they are registered with the Office of the Secretary of State as a nonprofit corporation.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your licensure.
It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.
City of Shoreline
17500 Midvale Ave N
Shoreline, WA 98133-4905