City of Shelton license
Who needs a license?
The city of Shelton requires a license for all businesses, unless exempted from city licensing, if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
Call the city at (360) 432-5108 before applying if you are not sure if you will do business within the city limits.
Businesses exempt from city licensing
Some businesses may be exempt from the Shelton business license. For more information, contact the city directly at (360) 432-5108.
Nonprofit businesses qualify for the nonprofit license if they submit a copy of the business' IRS 501(c)3 certificate with their application and are exempt from the city fees.
The license for a business operating in this city, but based outside this city, is determined by gross annual income earned within this city’s limits:
|Reported gross annual income
|$0 through $2,000
|Shelton general business license
|Shelton nonprofit business license
|Shelton general business - non-resident license
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- File Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Taxes service page.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can't be used).
Find more help using My DOR, including video tutorials.
File by Mail and send us the appropriate fee with the following completed forms:
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your license.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Fax: (360) 705-6699
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
City of Shelton
525 W Cota St.
Shelton, WA 98584
City Phone: (360) 432-5108