City of Pasco license
Who needs a license?
The city of Pasco requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
Call the city of Pasco at 509-545-3402 before applying if you are not sure if you will do business within the city limits.
A business owner who intends to conduct business from a residence within the city must comply with Pasco Municipal Code 25.66.030, and 25.66.040.
Some businesses may be exempt from getting a city business license. For more information, please contact the city directly at 509-545-3402.
For Hire Pasco drivers must obtain a city of Pasco For Hire Business directly with the city of Pasco, a General Business license For Hire is not required.
Home Occupation and Non-Resident businesses
The license for a business operating in this city, but based outside this city, is determined by gross annual income earned within this city’s limits and number of employees (FTEs):
|Reported gross annual income
|$0 through $2,000
See Requirements and Fee Calculation Instructions
|Pasco general business license
|Pasco home occupation business license
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Fax: (360) 705-6699
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
City of Pasco
525 N. 3rd Ave
Pasco, WA 99301