City of Newcastle license
Who needs a license?
Newcasltle requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
If you don’t know if you do business within city limits, call the city at (425) 649-4444 Ext. 102 before applying.
If more than one business is located in a single premise, you must complete a separate registration for each business conducted.
Nonprofit businesses must be licensed. A no-fee business license is available for businesses that have been granted a 501(C) tax exemption by the IRS.
A business owner who intends to conduct business from a residence within the city must comply with Newcastle Municipal Code 18.30.040.
Some businesses may be exempt from getting a city business license. For more information, please contact the city directly.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- Mail us the appropriate fee with the following completed forms:
|Newcastle general business license
|Newcastle nonprofit business license*
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
|Business License Application fee
*No-fee nonprofit license requires proof of 501(C) tax exemption from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your licensure.
It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.
City of Newcastle
12835 Newcastle Way, Suite 200
Newcastle, WA 98056
Phone: 425-649-4444, Ext. 102