City of Napavine license
Who needs a license?
The city of Napavine requires a license for all businesses, unless exempted from city licensing, if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
Call the city at (360) 262-3547 before applying if you are not sure if you will do business within the city limits.
Businesses exempt from city licensing
Some businesses may be exempt from the Napavine business license. For more information, contact the city directly at (360) 262-3547.
Nonprofit businesses qualify for the nonprofit license if they submit a copy of the business'
IRS 501(c) certificate with their application and are exempt from the city fees.
A business owner who intends to conduct business from a residence within the city must comply with Napavine Municipal Code 17.68. For more information on home occupation requirements, contact the city directly at (360) 262-3547.
The license for a business operating in this city, but based outside this city, is determined by gross annual income earned within this city’s limits:
|Reported gross annual income
|$0 through $2,000
|Napavine general business license
|Napavine non-profit business license
|Napavine home occupation business license
|Napavine general business license - non-resident license
|Napavine general business license - additional location
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
City of Napavine
407 Birch Ave SW
Napavine, WA 98565
City Phone: 360-262-3547
City Fax: 360-262-9199