City of Mukilteo license
Who needs a license?
The city of Mukilteo requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
Call the city of Mukilteo at 425-263-8035 before applying if you are not sure if you will do business within the city limits.
A business owner who intends to conduct business from a residence within the city must comply with Mukilteo Municipal Code 5.04.015.
Exempt from licensing fee
Businesses may be exempt from the city licensing fee if they comply with Mukilteo Municipal Code 5.04.030.
General and Non-Resident businesses
The license for a business operating in this city, but based outside this city, is determined by gross annual income earned within this city’s limits and number of employees (FTEs):
|Reported gross annual income
|$0 through $5,000
See Requirements and Fee Calcuation Instructions
|Mukilteo general business license
|Mukilteo nonprofit business license
|Mukilteo exempt business license
|Mukilteo home occupation business license
|Mukilteo general business - non-resident license
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Fax: (360) 705-6699
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
City of Mukilteo
11930 Cyrus Way
Mukilteo, WA 98275