City of Liberty Lake license
Who needs a license?
The City of Liberty Lake requires all businesses located within the city limits, or who conduct business within the city limits, to be licensed with the city. City approval is required for initial issuance.
Businesses exempt from getting a city business license include:
- Nonprofit businesses are exempt if they are registered with the Office of the Secretary of State as a nonprofit corporation.
- All governmental entities including public and private elementary, secondary, and high schools.
- Deliverers of newspapers and periodicals.
- Deliverers to, and persons soliciting orders from, retail establishments for the delivery and sale of goods, wares, and merchandise to retailers for resale, unless located within the city.
- Minors engaged in babysitting.
Under what circumstances is a business license denied?
A license may be denied to a business for failure to comply with zoning requirements.
How to apply
|Liberty Lake general business license
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your licensure.
It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.
City of Liberty Lake