City of Lacey
All businesses are required to get a City of Lacey endorsement if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
If you don't know if you do business within city limits, call (360) 491-3212 before applying.
If more than one business is located in a single property, you must complete a separate application for each business conducted.
A business owner who intends to conduct business from a residence within the city must comply with Lacey Municipal Code 16.69.
Businesses qualify for the nonprofit license if they submit a copy of the business' IRS 501(c) 3 certificate with their application and are exempt from the city fees. Nonprofit organizations located outside of the city do not need a Lacey endorsement.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Once logged in, add My DOR to your list of services, then open My DOR.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click Add License Endorsements/Employees.
You can pay using an E–check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- Mail us the appropriate fee with the following completed forms:
|Lacey general business endorsement
|Lacey nonprofit business endorsement*
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay. It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.
City of Lacey Customer Service
420 College St SE
Lacey, WA 98503
Phone: (360) 491-3212
FAX: (360) 438-2669