City of Issaquah license
ATTENTION: You must be conducting business within the City of Issaquah limits to obtain a City of Issaquah business license. The neighborhoods of Klahanie and Mirrormont are NOT within the city's jurisdiction. Please see the map of the City of Issaquah
and note the dotted lines indicate city limits.
Who needs a license?
Issaquah requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
If you don’t know if you do business within city limits, call the city at (425) 837-3100 before applying.
Nonprofit businesses must be licensed. A no-fee business license is available for businesses that have been granted a 501(C) tax exemption by the IRS.
- Farmers selling personally produced agricultural, horticultural, or farm products. This exemption does not apply to the sale of firewood.
- Participants of a City-sanctioned (sponsored or permitted, including special events) who gross less than $3,000 a year.
Under what circumstances is a business license denied?
A license may be denied to a business for any of the following reasons:
- Failing to comply with any federal, state, or local laws regulations.
- Operating the business in a location that does not comply with the ordinances of the city.
- Conducting the business activity in a manner which endangers the public health, welfare, or safety.
The City of Issaquah does not issue license refunds.
The license for a business operating in this city, but based outside this city, is determined by gross annual income earned within this city’s limits:
|Reported gross annual income
|$0 through $3,000
||No license required
|Issaquah general business license
|Issaquah nonprofit business license*
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
*No-fee nonprofit license requires proof of 501(C) tax exemption from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
NOTE: You may pay fees by check, certified check, or money order.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- Mail us the appropriate fee with the following completed forms:
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your license.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
City of Issaquah
PO Box 1307
1775 12th Avenue NW
Issaquah, WA 98027