City of Issaquah license
ATTENTION: You must be conducting business within the City of Issaquah limits to obtain a City of Issaquah business license. The neighborhoods of Klahanie and Mirrormont are NOT within the city's jurisdiction. Please see the map of the City of Issaquah
and note the dotted lines indicate city limits.
Who needs a license?
The City of Issaquah requires all businesses operating within the city limits, including businesses physically located outside city limits that perform services for customers inside city limits, to have a general business license. City approval is required for initial issuance.
Nonprofit businesses must be licensed. A no-fee business license is available for businesses that have been granted a 501(C) tax exemption by the IRS.
- Farmers selling personally produced agricultural, horticultural, or farm products. This exemption does not apply to the sale of firewood.
- Participants of a City-sanctioned (sponsored or permitted, including special events) who gross less than $3,000 a year.
Under what circumstances is a business license denied?
A license may be denied to a business for any of the following reasons:
- Failing to comply with any federal, state, or local laws regulations.
- Operating the business in a location that does not comply with the ordinances of the city.
- Conducting the business activity in a manner which endangers the public health, welfare, or safety.
How to apply
|Issaquah general business license
|Issaquah nonprofit business license*
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
*No-fee nonprofit license requires proof of 501(C) tax exemption from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).
NOTE: You may pay fees by check, certified check, or money order.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your licensure.
It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.
City of Issaquah
PO Box 1307
1775 12th Avenue NW
Issaquah, WA 98027