City of Ilwaco license
Who needs a license?
The city of Ilwaco requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
Call the city at (360) 642-3145 before applying if you are not sure if you will do business within the city limits.
Under what circumstances is a business license denied?
A license may be denied to a business for any of the following reasons:
- If the application is incomplete or if it contains any material misrepresentation.
- If the application does not propose adequate measures for the protection of public health, safety, and welfare in terms of pedestrian and vehicular traffic control, security, avoidance of public nuisances, and avoidance of consumer fraud.
- Zoning or illegal activities.
The license for a business operating in this city, but based outside this city, is determined by gross annual income earned within this city’s limits:
|Reported gross annual income
|$0 through $2,000
|Ilwaco general business license
|Ilwaco nonprofit business license*
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
*Businesses qualify for the nonprofit license if they are registered with the Office of the Secretary of State as a nonprofit corporation.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- Mail us the appropriate fee with the following completed forms:
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your license.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
City of Ilwaco
120 1st Ave N
Ilwaco, WA 98624