City of Gig Harbor license
Who needs a license?
The City of Gig Harbor requires all businesses located within the city limits, or who conduct business within the city limits to be licensed with the city. City approval is required for initial issuance.
Temporary business licenses must be obtained directly from the City of Gig Harbor.
Businesses exempt from city licensure include:
- Farmers or gardeners selling their own edible products.
- Noncommercial fisherman selling fish or other edible aquatic animals.
- Persons delivering newspapers.
- Delivery of goods or services purchased outside the city.
Under what circumstances is a business license denied?
A license may be denied to a business for any of the following reasons:
- The applicant is a minor and does not have the written consent of a parent or guardian.
- The applicant has had a similar license revoked or suspended.
- Failure to comply with any federal, state, or local laws and regulations.
- Conduct of the business activity in a manner which endangers the public health, welfare, or safety.
- Fraud, false representation, or suppression of material fact.
How to apply
|Gig Harbor general business license
|Gig Harbor nonprofit business license*
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
*Businesses qualify for the nonprofit license if they are registered with the Office of the Secretary of State as a nonprofit corporation.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your licensure.
It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.
City of Gig Harbor