City of Ephrata license
Who needs a license?
Ephrata requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
If you don’t know if you do business within city limits, call the city at (509) 754-4601 before applying.
If more than one business is located in a single premise, you must complete a separate registration for each business conducted.
Some businesses may be exempt from renewing their city business license. Those businesses with gross revenue less than $5,000 may be exempt from renewing their existing city of Ephrata license if approved by the office of the City Clerk. For more information, please contact the city directly at (509) 754-4601.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
- Mail us the appropriate fee with the following completed forms:
|Ephrata general business license
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your licensure.
It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.
City of Ephrata
121 Alder St SW
Ephrata, WA 98823