City of Ellensburg license
Who needs a license?
Ellensburg requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
Call the City of Ellensburg at 509-925-8608 before applying if you are not sure if you will do business within the city limits.
A business owner who intends to conduct business from a residence within the city must comply with Ellensburg Municipal Code 6.54.120.
Some businesses may be exempt from getting a city business license. For more information, please contact the city directly at 509-925-8608.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
License fee is determined by number of employees
See Requirements and Fee Calculation Instructions
|Ellensburg general business license
|Ellensburg home occupation business license
|Ellensburg general business - Non-resident license
|Ellensburg nonprofit business license*
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
*Nonprofit businesses qualify for the nonprofit license if they submit a copy of the business' IRS 501(c) certificate with their application and are exempt from the city fees.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Fax: (360) 705-6699
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
City of Ellensburg
501 North Anderson Street
Ellensburg, WA 98926