WA State Licensing: College Place city business license

City of College Place license

Who needs a license?

College Place requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are located within city limits. If you don't know if you do business within city limits, call the city at (509) 525-0510 before applying.


Businesses physically located outside College Place city limits aren't required to be licensed by College Place in order to conduct business within city limits.


If more than one business is located in a single premise, you must complete a separate registration for each business conducted.

Exempt businesses

Some businesses may be exempt from getting a city business license. For more information, please contact the city directly.

How to apply


City license Fee
College Place general business license $0
Other fees that may apply Fee
State tax registration No fee
Registering your business name as trade name $5
Business License Application fee $19 (non-refundable)

Contact information

State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034

Phone: 1-800-451-7985
Email: BLS@dor.wa.gov
Fax: 360-705-6699

Office hours

Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Mailing information

Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your licensure.

It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.

Regulatory questions

City of College Place
625 S College Ave
College Place, WA 99324

Phone: 509-525-0510
Fax: 509-526-4094