City of Centralia license

City of Centralia license

Who needs a license?

The city of Centralia requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:

  • Located within city limits, or
  • Conducting business within city limits.

Call the city at (360) 330-7670 before applying if you are not sure if you will do business within the city limits.


If you will have more than one business located on a single property, you must complete a separate application for each business.

Businesses exempt from city licensing

Some businesses may be exempt from the Centralia business license. For more information, contact the city directly at (360) 330-7670.

Nonprofit businesses

Nonprofit businesses must be licensed. To qualify as a Nonprofit, the business must comply with Centralia Municipal Code 5.01.020.

Home businesses

A business owner who intends to conduct business from a residence within the city must comply with Centralia Municipal Code 5.01.020. For more information on home occupation requirements, contact the city directly at (360) 330-7670.

Non-Resident businesses

The license for a business operating in this city, but based outside this city, is determined by gross annual income earned within this city’s limits:

Reported gross annual income License fee
$0 through $2,000 No license required
Above $2,000 $50


City license Fee
Centralia general business license $50
Centralia nonprofit business license $50
Centralia home occupation business license $50
Centralia general business - non-resident license $50
Other fees that may apply Fee
State tax registration No fee
Registering your business name as trade name $5
Business License Application fee $19 (non-refundable)

How to apply

Apply by using one of the following options:


  • Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

    1. Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
    2. Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
    3. Follow the steps below based on your business status.

    If you do not have an existing business

      1. Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.


    If you have an existing business

      1. If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
      2. Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
      3. Click File New Business License Application.

    You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).


    Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.


Contact information

State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034

Phone: 1-800-451-7985
Fax: (360) 705-6699

Office hours

Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Regulatory questions

City of Centralia
118 W Maple St
Centralia, WA 98531

Phone: (360) 330-7670