City of Bainbridge Island license
Who needs a license?
Bainbridge Island requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
Call the city of Bainbridge Island at (206) 842-7633 before applying if you are not sure if you will do business within the city limits.
If you will have more than one business located on a single property, you must complete a separate application for each business.
Businesses exempt from city licensing
Some businesses may be exempt from the Bainbridge Island business license. For more information, contact the city directly at (206) 842-7633.
Nonprofit businesses qualify for the nonprofit license if they submit a copy of the business' IRS 501(c) certificate with their application and are exempt from the city fees.
A business owner who intends to conduct business from a residence within the city must comply with Bainbridge Island municipal code.
For more information on home occupation requirements, contact the city directly at (206) 842-7633.
Fee exempt license
A business is considered exempt from licensing fees if business activity at the same fixed location is limited to no more than one (1) day per week for four (4) consecutive weeks OR four (4) consecutive days in one (1) year. This does not apply to businesses that have a physical location inside Bainbridge Island.
|Bainbridge Island general business license
|Bainbridge Island nonprofit business license
|Bainbridge Island home occupation business license
|Bainbridge Island fee exempt
|Bainbridge Island general business - non-resident license
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering your business name as trade name
| Business License Application fee
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- Login using your Secure Access Washington (SAW) user ID. If you don’t have a user ID or aren’t sure, see if you have an account first before signing up.
- Click Getting Started on the Business Licensing and Tax service.
- Follow the steps below based on your business status.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E–check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Fax: (360) 705-6699
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
City of Bainbridge Island
280 Madison Ave North
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Phone: (206) 842-7633