City of Kelso license
Who needs a license?
Kelso requires all businesses to be licensed with the city if they are:
- Located within city limits, or
- Conducting business within city limits.
If you do not know if you do business within city limits, call (360) 423-0900 before applying. If more than one business is located in a single property, you must complete a separate application for each business conducted.
Before a business license is issued, a business owner who intends to conduct business from a residence within the city must undergo a city of Kelso Planning/Building Department zoning review as required by Kelso Municipal Code 5.02.
How to apply
Apply by using one of the following options:
- Online with My DOR. My DOR works best with Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
If you do not have an existing business
- Click File New Business License Application. Be sure to select the endorsements for which you wish to apply.
If you have an existing business
- If you haven’t already, add access to your business. You’ll need a UBI number and letter ID.
- Click on the business you want to apply for a license/endorsement under, then click on the location.
- Click File New Business License Application.
You can pay using an E-check or a major credit card (gift cards can’t be used).
Find more help for using My DOR, including video tutorials.
|Kelso general business license
|Kelso general business license - Non-resident
|Kelso home occupation businesses
|Kelso nonprofit business license*
|Other fees that may apply
|State tax registration
|Registering a trade name
| Business License Application fee
State of Washington
Business Licensing Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please remember to enclose all necessary documents and fees with your completed application. Incomplete submissions will result in a delay in your licensure.
It is important that you contact our office, in writing, with any changes in address.
City of Kelso - Finance Dept