A Cigarette Retailer endorsement is required for each location where cigarettes are sold at retail.
Note: To sell other tobacco products besides cigarettes, a Tobacco Products Retailer endorsement is also required.
Post your license
A license must be posted at each location where the licensee operates. You may not begin this business activity until you receive a Business License document listing the required endorsement.
How to apply
Complete a Business License Application online using our new online system, My DOR. You can pay with E-check or a MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express credit or debit card (gift cards cannot be used). Note: The credit/debit card option is provided to you by a private, non-state vendor that will impose a 2.5% convenience fee for the service.
- Complete all of the following forms:
- Business License Application
- A separate Personal/Criminal History Statement for each of the following:
- Sole proprietor and spouse.
- Corporate officers.
- Partners and spouses.
- Limited partners who hold more than 10% interest in the business.
- Limited liability company members or managers.
- Stockholders that hold 10% of the issued stock.
- Mail your completed forms with a check or money order payable to “Department of Revenue” for the fees to:
State of Washington
Business License Service
PO Box 9034
Olympia, WA 98507-9034
||$93 per location
|Other fees that may apply
|Registering your business name as a trade name
| Business License Application fee
Department of Revenue