Add a new location to your existing business
Step 1: Consult the Business Licensing Guide
The Business Licensing Guide is an online service that gives you licensing information and forms based on your business activity and location. When you tell us about your business (for example, restaurant in Seattle), the Business Licensing Guide creates a customized guide sheet that includes the forms you’ll need and a list of agencies to contact.
Step 2: File a new Business License Application and supplemental forms
There are two ways to submit a Business License Application:
Online - The fastest way to file!
Online applications are typically processed within two business days. It may take up to 21 days if you file by mail.
- Complete a Business License Application online using an E-check or a MasterCard, Visa, or American Express credit or debit card (gift cards cannot be used).
- You must have Internet Explorer 6.0 and above or Firefox. Safari and Google Chrome are not supported at this time.
- Mobile devices (tablets, smart phones, etc.) are not recommended.
For certain activities, you should file a paper application.
- Complete the Business License Application and any supplemental forms that apply to your business. To find out which supplemental forms you’ll need, see the Business Licensing Guide.
- Mail your completed application, supplemental forms, and a check or money order for applicable fees to the address on the form.
Step 3: Research additional licensing requirements
For licenses not available through Business Licensing Service, contact the agencies, cities, or counties listed on your Business Licensing Guide Sheet.