Washington State Business Licensing Service
A program of the Washington State Department of Revenue, Business Licensing Service (BLS) helps you to register your business with the state and several cities. BLS registers businesses, renews licenses, and provides related services for approximately 40,000 businesses monthly.
Once registered in Washington State, your business will be identified with a 9-digit reporting number called a Unified Business Identifier (UBI), which can be used when working with several state agencies and cities.
The Business Licensing Service can help you to:
- Open or reopen a business
- Renew your business license
- Change ownership of your business
- Open new locations or change locations
- Change business locations
- Register or change a trade names
- Hire employees
- Obtain Minor Work Permits
- Get optional insurance coverage
- Hire people to work in or around your home